The holidays are a critical time to reach customers. But how do you catch their attention when they’re busy with holiday preparations and bombarded with sales messages? This year, consider trying a new twist on the traditional holiday card or letter.
It’s clear that direct mail is an effective way to reach customers. In one survey, 60% of respondents said they tend to read through the marketing mail they receive, rather than discarding it without reading. And now you can make your mail even more engaging with enhancements like video links, scents, textures or QR Codes® that send customers right to your website.
For inspiration, take a look at the following examples.
- “USPS Mail Moments: Spring 2019 Review,” USPS, conducted by Summit Research.
- QR Code® is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
- “Mobile Coupon Consumer Research Results: How today’s shoppers want to acquire, store and redeem coupons,” CodeBroker, June 2018.
- “Leader of the Pack: How Holistic Marketing Measurement Drives Business Success,” Forrester Consulting, commissioned by Equifax, Jan. 2019.
- “Advertising Effectiveness and Age,” Office of Inspector General | United States Postal Service, Feb. 25, 2019.
- Neelam Patel, “How Brands Like Starbucks, Apple & Johnnie Walker Give You A Multi-Sensory Experience?” Happy Marketer Blog, Sept. 9, 2019.
- “HomeWorks Energy Pop Up Mailer,” Structural Graphics.
- “What Sources Encourage US Internet Users to Try New Brands? (% of respondents, Nov 2018),” eMarketer, data provided by Atlantic Re:Think, Feb. 13, 2019.