For today’s marketers, analytics is the name of the game. The shift to digital has provided a wealth of trackable insights, with many campaign decisions relying on performance data to prove each channel’s worth. Unsure of how to measure its ROI, marketers often leave direct mail off the table. But is that leaving a valuable opportunity behind?
Seasoned marketers know the unique role direct mail can play in the customer journey — it has long had the power to precisely target and engage consumers. In discussions with key decision-makers at several retail, B2B and agency organizations, however, we hear that many struggle to support mail’s place in their modern-day campaigns.
- USPS, Direct Mail Decision Making Report, Jan. 6, 2022.
- Michael Peach, “Mastering Direct Mail Attribution,” Lob, March 23, 2020.
- QR Code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
- USPSDelivers.com Research — Full Report, Qualitative and Quantitative Results, Summit Research, February 2021.
-  Ash Maynor, “Why merchants should have a post-purchase survey,” MESA, March 15, 2022.