The concept of the circular economy and its focus on recycling and reuse have been gaining traction in the business world for years. Often synonymous with sustainability—an important focus in today’s market—circular economy models are now moving increasingly from theory to practice.
Top organizations have assigned teams to innovate and optimize, and for businesses, people and the environment, it’s go time.
However, according to recent research commissioned by the United States Postal Service, the term “circular economy” is unfamiliar to many logistics professionals and seems intangible to most businesses.
- “The Circular Economy & Your Supply Chain – Qualitative Research Report,” Provoke Insights, October 2022.
- “National Overview: Facts and Figures on Materials, Wastes and Recycling,” United States Environmental Protection Agency, 2018.
- “Consumers care about sustainability—and back it up with their wallets,” McKinsey & Company and NIQ, Feb. 6, 2023.
- Renee Murphy and Scott Bartley, “The State of Environmental Sustainability In The Fortune Global 200, 2022,” Forrester Trends Report, Oct. 11, 2022.
- “FACT SHEET: Securing a Made in America Supply Chain for Critical Minerals,” The White House Briefing Room, Feb. 22, 2022.
- “U.S. Geological Survey Releases 2022 List of Critical Minerals,” USGS, Feb. 22, 2022.
- Catherine Erdly, “Resale Set to Be Star of Retail in 2022 for Consumers and Brands,” Forbes, Jan. 17, 2022.