Today’s marketers have endless options for creating great campaigns—but this can make it hard to figure out how and where direct mail fits in.
Should it be treated like a science, with a focus on tracking and metrics to prove it’s working? Or more like an art, with a focus on creative, and a more intuitive approach overall?
USPS commissioned proprietary interviews with marketers, small business owners, and printers at well-known companies to discover what kinds of brands use direct mail, how they think of it in relation to other mediums, and how they create effective direct mail campaigns.
The results were varied and diverse, but one underlying theme emerged: Direct mail should be leveraged as both an art and a science.
- “The Art and Science of Direct Mail in a Digital World: Exploratory Learnings to Guide Thought Leadership for USPS and MRM,” Insight by Design, April 2022.
- QR Code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
- “Global Sustainability Study 2021 | Consumers are key players for a sustainable future,” Simon-Kucher & Partners, October 2021.
- USPSDelivers.com Research — Full Report, Qualitative and Quantitative Results, Summit Research, February 2021.
- Anjali Lai, “Empowered Consumers Call For Sustainability Transformation,” Forrester blogs, Jan. 19, 2021.